Friday, January 27, 2017

MILITARY BRATS MAKE FRIENDS EASILY

Because of all the moving around from place to place, Brats normally make friends easily make friends easily. They are forced to. Sometimes they live off base where there aren't too many American children available to play with. Also, exposing them to different cultures assists them in making new friends. I know that I learned to be more tolerant of those from different cultures either in the United States or in foreign countries. Besides learning new languages, I learned to eat new foods and learned about different holidays which I participated in with my family and American friends. Traveling to other countries and parts of the USA is an education in itself. This was one of the positive aspects of living abroad.




Pictured above in the picture is on the left, me, my sister, and Jimmy, a lieutenant colonel's son, who lived across the street from us in Heidelberg, Germany, in the fifties.


No comments:

Post a Comment